Textual health warning: If you try to save money by not using the services of a copywriting, editing or proofreading professional, ironically you could be making a costly mistake!
Experienced freelance copywriter, editor and proofreader
Euroword proprietor Karen Elwis is an experienced languages professional, holding a BA Hons in Interpreting and Translating from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh.
Following 20 years in the translation industry, Karen broadened her writing skill set by working for one of Scotland’s leading search engine optimisation companies for several years. During this time she was responsible for writing, editing and proofreading optimised web copy and articles for a range of blue-chip clients throughout the UK.
Karen has been running Euroword from her home in rural Kinross-shire for 10 years. In her leisure time, she can usually be found in the vicinity of a hockey pitch – either haring up and down the wing or supporting volubly from the sidelines.
Over the years, Karen has won several awards for journalism and creative writing, including:
- Runner-up (£500 prize) in The Scotsman Orange Communicators Award journalism competition
- Writer of winning slogan (£10,000 prize) in a competition to recruit new members to the Scottish Game Conservancy Council (“Don’t sit at home and grouse – join us and have a quail of a time.”)
- Winner of “Most Inspiring Student Profile” in “The Write Stuff”, an annual competition run by the National Council for the Training of Journalists
- Publication of short story “Auld Peesie” in an anthology of Perthshire writers’ work “The Lie of the Land”
- Finalist in The Sunday Post children’s story-writing competition with “Big Bertie”
To see what clients have to say about Euroword’s writing, proofreading, editing and translation services, check out our testimonials.